The site is under reconstruction, please be patient!
A Gamers blog from a Gamer

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Recreation, maybe...

Hello,

It has been over a year since there has been any activity on this rather dead blog.

I've recently found myself interested in possibly re-opening this, as I said I might over one year ago. I re-read all of my old posts, and was able to reflect. It made me nostalgic, but also realize something. My blog was... terrible. No, I'm not condemning myself, and I'm happy I did it. But my posts were immature and sporadic, I did a lot of "lol"s and smiley faces and "xD"s, and just carried it in a very bad way. Even so, with all of that, I was able to get 10,000 hits, which I know is not a lot, in fact it's very little, but a accomplishment non the less. When I posted a post with a controversial topic, or a question, I actually received comments with answers and statements. Maybe only 2-3, but people actually listened, which was very inspiring to look back on.

So if a sporadic, immature blog was able to get that, how much better could a well run blog do?

Since last year, which was when I stopped with PyromancerJonathan, me and a bunch of friends tried out another blog, teenswithchrist.com , which has not been posted on since February, but we did it in a much more orderly fashion. We built it before releasing, we bought a domain and hosting, we had a fantastic header and logo, we made a facebook page and tried to work on SEO best we could. Our posts were deep, complete and coherent, and we actually ran a schedule. We had a guest post, a email list and RSS options. We had 173 facebook likes. It was great.

So why did I bother telling you that? Well, mainly because all of that helped me, a lot. Looking back on my old posts on this after we did TWC made me notice all the flaws I listed above.

All of this goes back to my original question, if a sporadic, immature blog was able to get that, how much better could a well run blog do? Hmm... I don't know, but I want to find out.

That's why I'm posting this, I want to know what you guys think. Comment or email me and tell me what you think. Depending on the kind of feedback I get, I may start planning some. No worries, I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment